Regular deodorant spray can be very harmful to us as they are toxic and can adversely affect our immune system, lymphatic system and sebaceous glands.
Here are harmful components in the deodorant spray and how they may harm you.
A highly carcinogenic compound, it is also used in the morgue to preserve corpses.
2. Propylene glycol
This compound is also called antifreeze.
It is known to be detrimental to the liver, heart and central nervous system, it can also cause skin irritation in little quantities about 2% or even less, however you see some deodorants with propylene glycol content of about 50%.
This compound us included in deodorants to help prevent the user from sweating. This compound however has been linked to breast cancer in women, prostate cancer in men and even Alzheimer’s disease and it will inhibit the endocrine system.
It can react to tap water to give chloroform gas and it is used as a preservative and antibacterial agent in deodorants. It is also a known endocrine disruptor and a carcinogenic compound.
This is a compound that can inhibit the endocrine system and can cause impotency in men.
This compound is an antiperspirant and preservative, it is known to cause early puberty in children and also to cause hormonal imbalance. A study conducted in 2004, revealed that in about 20 tissue samples from breast tumors, parabens were found in 18 samples indicating that it is a carcinogenic compound.
The Importance Of Armpit Detox
- It will help to eliminate toxic chemicals from our skin, underlying tissues and sweat glands.
- Detox will prevent the development of rashes in the armpit.
You can detox your armpit in just under half an hour.
- Apple cider vinegar (1 tablespoon), great for detoxifying the skin.
- Bentonite clay (1 tablespoon), an effective deep pore cleanser and antibacterial agent.
- Clean water (2 tablespoons)
Preparation And Administration:
- Incorporate all the ingredients in a bowl, preferably a glass bowl and thoroughly mix them.
- You can use cotton ball to evenly spread out the mixture on your armpits.
- Leave it on for about 20 minutes
- If you notice redness to your armpits don’t be alarmed, it only means that there is proper blood flow and the detox is working well.
- Rinse your armpits thoroughly with warm water after 20 minutes.
- Try out the procedure for a couple of days, once you see that this natural deodorant does not cause any irritation to your armpits then you can make it part of your regular beauty routine.