It is the dream of most house wives to have sparkling white clothes, bedsheets and linen.
However, getting your clothes sparkling white is easier said than done.
There are commercial bleaching products that can help to get your clothes white and clean but these are usually made of highly toxic chemicals that constitute a health risk to users.
These products are also known to thin out fabric and make it vulnerable to wear and tear quicker than usual.
If you want a cloth whitening solution that is 100% natural and safe for use then you should consider using potassium permanganate.
Here’s what you need:
- Get a couple of potassium permanganate crystals and add it to 10 litres of water.
- When you stir it in the water the colour of the water will change to pink.
- Mix 200 grams of your detergent in the solution.
- Soak your whites in this solution and cover them with a nylon bag.
- Leave the clothes soaked for about 5 hours, for best results leave it overnight.
- You can then transfer the laundry to your washing machine and wash your clothes normally.
- Wash your clothes and afterwards soak them in the solution.
- Rinse your clothes and spread them out in the sun to dry.
- If you are not satisfied with the initial outcome you can repeat the process until you get what you want.
You can also use baking soda to whiten your fabrics. This is a cost effective and easy process.
- Just mix about 2 to 3 tablespoons of baking soda with your regular detergent to reduce the hardness of the water as well as helping to strengthen the potency of the detergent.
In the end your fabrics will be clean and sparkling white and the best part is you didn’t spend much to achieve this.