Everyone suffers from one spell of depression or another.
There are days where you feel the whole world is against you. Your mood is low and you may even have a low feeling of self-worth.
In more serious conditions a depressed person may consider suicide. So it is important that you find someone close to talk to or share your problems with, talking helps.
Symptoms of depression
If you exhibit any or all of these signs then you are really depressed.
- Constant feeling of sadness
- Heightened anxiety
- An empty feeling
- A feeling of being worthless and hopeless
- A guilty feeling always
- Restlessness and easily irritable
- A constant feeling of fatigue
- Concentration difficulties
- Difficulty making simple decisions
- Excessive sleeping or insomnia
- Having suicide thoughts
- Attempting suicide
If you are experiencing depression then you should consider making yourself a turmeric-lemonade drink.
This simple homemade drink will help you overcome your depression and liven your spirit.
Turmeric is a special spice which contains curcumin a compound that has been proven to be effective against cancerous cells and also.in the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease.
The spice itself is rich in antioxidants, antiinflammatory, antibacterial and antiviral properties.
It detoxifies your body, boosts your immune system to fight infection, reduces inflammation of your joints and is effective against arthritis. It also reduces your risk of stroke and other cardiovascular conditions.
It is also effective in combating depression.
So just how does turmeric combat depression?
While conventional medicine have prescription medications to help fight depression. These drugs tend to have very strong side effects such as, they can cause stomach bleeding, headaches and migraines. One such prescription drug for depression is Prozac.
Scientific study into the effectiveness of turmeric in combating depression has found that it’s main compound -- curcumin is very active against depressive disorder much in the same vain as fluoxetine (Prozac). The major difference being that the curcumin is obtained naturally from turmeric and has no known side effects.
The DIY homemade Turmeric- Lemonade Recipe
- Cold filtered or sparkling water -- 4 cups
- Freshly grated or powdered turmeric -- 2 tablespoons
- 100% maple syrup, raw natural honey or Stevia -- 4 tablespoons (for taste)
- Lemon or lime juice -- 1 1/2 qty
- As an option, you could also add the juice of one blood orange.
- Incorporate all the ingredients in a small pitcher.
- Make sure you stir really well to get a homogeneous mixture.
- You can garnish your drink with a slice of lemon if you like.
Another sources linked in Natural News’s article:
Featured Image Source: blogs.naturalnews.com