The Chinese and Indians have been using turmeric in treating several ailments for centuries.
Turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties and it has curcumin which is very effective in the curing of jaundice, chest pain, flatulence, toothache, bloody urine, menstrual problems, hemorrhage, colic and even bruises.
While conventional medicine like Motrin have curcumin the side effects can be really bad.
Turmeric offers all the benefits of conventional medicine with curcumin but with one telling advantage, it has no side effects.
Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis and other inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD) can be treated using turmeric.
Turmeric’s anti-inflammatory properties is also potent in relieving cystic fibrosis and the symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis.
It has been proven in studies conducted that turmeric is effective against the formation, growth and spread of cancerous cells.
This herb can lower bad cholesterol, take care of cardiovascular problems, stroke and liver conditions; it has even been known to prevent the occurrence of Alzheimer’s disease in the elderly.
Turmeric can be used in the following ways -- I bet you never knew this!
- In making tie-dye free of chemicals: Just pour some water in a pot, 3/4 full is sufficient, add about 5 tbsps of turmeric. Let the water and turmeric mixture boil, then allow it to simmer. You can now add your fabric into the pot. Let the fabric simmer in pot for about one hour or in lesser time, it really all depends on how much colour you want the fabric to absorb. Let it dry and you have a well dyed fabric.
- Use turmeric to make face mask for pimples/acne, dark circles round the eyes and rosacea: Just mix a teaspoon each of raw natural honey, clean water and turmeric. Ensure you get a nice homogeneous mix. When properly mixed you will get a paste. Apply this paste to your face and leave on for about 3 minutes after which thoroughly rinse the paste off.
- Turmeric makes a great antacid: Just a teaspoon of turmeric and four cups of boiling water will give you a great turmeric tea that is effective against heartburn.
- Turmeric relieves pain naturally
- Baking colouring that is 100% natural
- Turmeric will whiten your teeth: Mix two tbsp of baking soda, three tbsp of coconut oil and one teaspoon of turmeric. Once these ingredients are properly mixed you will get a paste which you can use to whiten your teeth by brushing with a toothbrush.
- Get a radiant skin with turmeric: Mix the following ingredients ⅓ tsp turmeric, one whisked egg white and ½ tsp lemon juice. You can now apply this mix to face. Leave it on your face for about 15 minutes, then rinse off thoroughly.
- Use turmeric to make foundation: Just add turmeric to your tinted moisturizer, do this until your skin tone is matched.
- Use turmeric to make an anti-dandruff: Massage your scalp with a mixture of coconut oil and turmeric, leave it on your scalp for about 15 minutes then thoroughly wash it off.
- Excellent pain joint reliever: Add water, about two parts of turmeric and one part of Himalayan salt. Apply this mixture to the joint that you feel pain and leave it for not more than an hour once daily. This remedy will relief you of the pains and swelling.
- Turmeric is an excellent disinfectant: To disinfect wounds and cuts, just sprinkle some turmeric on the wound prior to using a bandage.
- Take care of sunburn with turmeric: Mixing turmeric with aloe vera is effective in relieving sunburn.
Another sources linked in Family Life Goals’s article:
Featured Image Source: familylifegoals.com