Coconut oil is used for various purposes some of which include the following;
For Skin Care
1. As a lubricant:
You can use coconut oil as a natural lubricant prior to sex or masturbation but it is not compatible with latex so don’t use it on condoms.
2. Great As A Massage Oil:
If you want to massage your joints just rub on some coconut oil as a massage oil it’s quite good.
3. Use coconut oil to heal wounds:
Coconut oil has great antibacterial and antiviral properties it forms a protective thin film on your cuts and helps to speed up the healing process while preventing infection.
4. Moisturising nipple cream:
Put some coconut oil in a bowl and dip a cotton ball in it, apply this cotton ball round your nipples to moisturise it and prevent it from bring dry and cracking.
5. Use As A Makeup Remover:
Get rid of makeups easily when you put some coconut oil on a cotton ball and use it to wipe off your makeup.
6. Get Rid Of Stretch Marks:
Coconut oil will reduce the appearance of stretch marks, just apply regularly for better results.
7. Using Coconut Oil As A Pre-Shave:
Use coconut oil prior to shaving to help your skin overcome shaving bumps and rashes.
8. Coconut Oil Protects You From Sun Burn:
If you have sun burn you can get instant relief when you apply some coconut oil to the affected area.
9. Great As A Toothpaste:
To get a great toothpaste to combat cavities and plaque buildup just mix coconut oil with baking soda and put this mixture on your toothbrush and brush away.
10. As A Cure For Your Acne:
Using coconut oil as a facial cream will reduce the stimulation of your oil glands. If your skin is too dry then your skin compensates for this dryness by producing oil which can clog up your pores and cause acne.
11. For Healing Tattoos:
Coconut oil will help heal and prevent infections from tattooing, it will also prevent the fading of the colour pigment.
12. Useful For Preventing Cradle Cap:
Rub some coconut oil on your baby’s scalp daily, as well on his skin to nourish it and prevent cradle cap.
For Health Care
1. It Aids Digestion:
The saturated fats in coconut oil helps to regulate the parasites and fungi in your intestinal tract that can cause irritable bowel syndrome and indigestion. This fat helps to promote the absorption of amino acids, vitamins and minerals in the body.
2. It Promotes Good Breastfeeding:
As a breastfeeding mother taking about 3 ½ tablespoons of coconut oil will boost milk supply.
3. Great For Bones And Teeth:
Coconut oil will boost your teeth development by helping your body absorb calcium and magnesium better and these minerals are needed by your teeth.
4. Use Coconut Oil To Lose Weight:
By consuming coconut oil the saturated fats will help curb food cravings and eventually help you lose weight.
5. Coconut Oil Is A Stress Reliever:
Just massage some coconut oil in a circular motion to your temple and get relaxed in no time.
6. Great For Your Gums:
You can do oil pulling for fight off gum infections.
7. It Promotes Your Lungs Funtion:
It will increase the fluidity of your cell surfaces.
8. Coconut Oil Stops Nausea:
Believe it or not by rubbing on coconut oil to the inside of your forearms and wrists you will get an instant relief from stomach upsets.
9. Nosebleeds Will Be Stopped:
Put some coconut oil on a cotton ball and hold in place in your nostrils to stop nose bleeds.
10. Great For Arthritis:
Coconut oil will lubricate your joints helping the natural fluids there that ensures that your bones don’t rub against each other causing arthritis.
11. Promotes Insulin:
It will boost the use of blood glucose and also stimulates the secretion of insulin. This is great for both diabetics and non-diabetic individuals.
12. It Promotes Good Bones And Teeth:
The absorption of magnesium and calcium is improved with coconut oil and this is great for the proper development of bones and teeth.
13. Stimulates The Absorption Of Nutrients And Vitamins:
Fat-based nutrients such as vitamin D, E, A and K are made more readily available to the body with coconut oil.
14. Improves Fitness:
Coconut oil will boost metabolism, raise energy levels and support the proper functioning of the thyroid. In so doing it will increase muscle mass and reduce fat.
Useful For Your Pets
- You can give your put about a quarter teaspoon of coconut oil a day to help with its parasitic infestation issues.
- It takes care of arthritis and ligament issues in your pets.
- Helps to promote good skin health and wards off allergic reactions.
- Helps to fight fungal and yeast infection such as candida.
- Adding a teaspoon of coconut oil daily in the water of your cats and dogs will improve their general health.
- It will help alleviate cough and hairballs.
- It will aid the rapid healing of wounds and it will disinfect cuts.
- If your dog is inactive, it can give it some boost of energy. As the medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs) found in coconut oil will boost its brain energy metabolism as well as lower the buildup of amyloid protein that is responsible for brain lesions in older dogs.
- It stimulates digestion and aids the absorption of vital nutrients.
- It will relieve your pets from digestive disorders such as inflammatory bowel syndrome and colitis.
- It aids the proper functioning of your pet’s thyroid as well as its regulating insulin balance.
- It takes care of bad breath in dogs.
- It improves the sheen, health and odor of your dog’s coat.
- It helps prevents and control diabetes.
- It will boost energy and can help promote weight loss in overweight pets.
Here is also a list of other uses for coconut oil:
- Effective For Bronze Polishing:
- Wipe your bronze furniture with a cotton towel with some coconut oil on it to get the bronze clean.
- Great Insect Repellent:
- To repel insects just mix some peppermint extract and coconut oil and then rub it on places where crawling insects pass and they won’t venture there anymore.
- As a seasoning cookware
- You can use coconut oil for wood cutting boards and wood bowls oiling.
- Get rid of grease: You can mix baking soda and coconut oil in equal measure to get a paste and just apply it on “greasy” spots. Then leave it there for about 60 seconds, afterwards scrub with a sponge and the smudge is gone.
- Use it in making soap: Use coconut oil as a major ingredient for homemade natural soap.
- Get rid of chewing gum in your hair: Just rub some coconut oil on the chewing gum that is stuck in your hair, then leave it for about 30 minutes, after which you should roll the gum between your fingertips.
- Use in polishing furniture: To polish your wood furniture, just mix coconut oil with fresh lemon juice.
- Get your leather settee cleaned and moisturised.
- Use in seasoning animal hides drums
Another sources linked in Healthy Food House’s article: