Many children are facing often with a fever. It can be very stressful for the parents but actually many studies confirmed that if you child is actually healthy there is nothing you should worry about. Fever usually fights with the infection that the body has which is causing the sickness in the first place.
There is of course always a solution that we will present you and your child will feel better. Remember always that only after 3 days of high fever you should take you child to doctor or pediatrician.
These are all natural treatment made for lowing fever in less than 5 minutes.
- Grated potatoes – First start washing the potatoes and after you are finished peel them. Grate them and put them in your child’s socks.
- Brandy and water – take same amount of brandy and same amount of water in a bowl. Take gauze and soak and excess it in the mixture, after put into the child’s socks.
- Cold washcloth on forehead – while your child is sleeping take one ordinary cool cloth on its forehead. The child will feel much better.
- Lukewarm bath – bath with a cold water will only make the temperature rise even more so, is important to know that you have to use lukewarm water while you bath it. It will cool the body and bring the temperature down.
- Plenty of fluids and chilled food – From the inside out you could lower the temperature by giving your child cold foods and drinks. Remember to keep them always hydrated.
- Fan – use a fan on low mode eventually to circulate the air around the child.
- Layers of clothing remove – if you want your child to lose the temperature easily through skin you should remove the layers of clothing. My advice is to dress you child lighter and if it eventually feels cold you can cover him with blanket.
- Indoor or cool place – if by any important reason your child must go outside make it to stay in shade and while it is inside make sure you stay with your child in cool room.
If your child is younger than 3 months and it has fever you should go consult a doctor immediately. If the baby reaches more than 101 degrees or higher, 3 to 5 months old also call a doctor. Older than 6 months call the doctor if the temperature is 102 degrees or more.