British scientists have found that majority of chemicals found in popular hair dyes have a relation to cancer. Out of 100 patients who used hair dye for a long time, 87 of them develop breast cancer. The number of cancer growth in women who color their hair from 1 to 4 times in a year also increase to 70%.
It may be true that natural products cannot give more lasting result, but they surely a safer option. Natural product can still strengthen your hair and it won’t damage your hair, moreover provide adverse side effect in the long run. So it’s really time for to shift to natural hair dye product since according to National Institute of Cancer, there are more than 5000 chemical products in the conventional hair dyes and many of them can trigger the development of cancer.
One of the natural hair dyes products you can consider is coffee. It is fully natural and provide many beneficial properties. Coffee can do a good job in giving you the desired hair color and the gloss you wish. It can also help the growth of your hair as stated in the International Magazine of Dermatology in January 2007.
Using Coffee to Dye Your Hair
- Start by preparing a very strong organic coffee, espresso if possible. Avoid non – organic coffee because some of them contain chemical products.
- Let it cool down.
- Mix a cup of cold coffee that you have prepared with 2 teaspoons of organic coffee and 2 cups of natural conditioner.
- Put the mixture on your hair and leave it for around 60 minutes. You will get a natural great chocolate color this way without any damage to your hair.
Wash Your Hair with Coffee
- Start by washing your hair with shampoo and use coffee.
- Leave the coffee on your hair for 20 about minutes.
- You can use apple cider vinegar to fix the color on your hair.
- After that, wash your hair with lukewarm water.
- The result may not appear instantly. If this is the case for you, repeat the process for several days and you will see the difference.