While turmeric is a must-have ingredient in most Indian homes and for most Indian cuisines with its flavours and golden yellow colour it is a special add-on in dishes, but this herb is even more revered for its health benefits.
Turmeric has potent antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and anti-ageing properties and its active component is curcumin which is a non-toxic compound known for its healing benefits and it is even believed to prevent the development of certain cancers.
Turmeric is also rich in dietary fiber, calcium and vitamins.
Here are some health benefits of turmeric:
- It heals wounds
- It can prevent cancer
- It can Improve your mood
- It improves digestion
- It prevents Alzheimer’s disease
- It will keep your heart healthy
- It can prevent arthritis
- It is great for toning your skin
- It can act as a natural pain killer
- It helps with liver detoxification
- It will improve your skin making it more beautiful and healthier
- It can control diabetes
Here are some turmeric recipes:
- Mix just a dash of turmeric powder with some lemon juice, a pinch of flour and one teaspoon of tomato juice.
- You can apply this mixture to the dark circles around your eyes and leave it on for 10 minutes.
- You can also use a mixture of pineapple juice and turmeric powder, leave it on the dark circles round your eyes for 10 minutes and you will notice a change in your skin colouration in no time at all.
The Golden Milk Recipe
This is an ancient recipe that is known for its tremendous and wide range of health benefits some of which include;
The treatment of…
- Kidney infections
- Viral infections
- Bladder infections
- Muscle pain
- Parasitic infections
- Pure natural honey -- 1 teaspoon
- Ground cinnamon -- 1/2 teaspoon
- Milk -- 1 cup
- Ground turmeric -- 1/2 teaspoon
- Extra virgin coconut oil -- 1/2 teaspoon
- Freshly ground black pepper -- 1/4 teaspoon
- You should heat the milk first of all and then add the cinnamon.
- Add your pure natural honey, pepper, turmeric and coconut oil and stir all the ingredients continuously until all the components are heated up; just make sure you don’t boil the ingredients a low to medium heat is all that is required.
- Next you need to strain the mixture and it’s ready for consumption.