Apple is both nutritious and highly beneficial to the overall health of people. Apple cider vinegar (ACV) has for long been used to take care of digestive issues, to ease joint pains and to burn out excess fat. Honey has great antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, it is ideal in the treatment of acid reflux because it can coat the stomach walls as well as the throat quite easily. Honey also helps in relieving sore throat.
These are the individual benefits of apple cider vinegar and honey. When the two are used as a combo then the benefits as even more elaborate. As a combo they can help deal with the following infections and ailments – skin diseases, obesity, low energy level, joint pains, acid flux, inflammations, digestive issues and bad breath.
So why is the combo so beneficial?
- Honey has excellent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that help rid the body of dangerous toxins and eases inflammation of joints.
- When consumed the combo turn alkaline in the body and help to regularize the PH level of the body by making in less acidic as a result of poor eating habits like too much consumption of processed food and the drinking of alcohol in excess.
- The combo helps with blood circulation and regularizes heartbeats.
Remember that to derive the unlimited benefits of the apple cider vinegar and honey combination you should use unprocessed ones. Use only fresh honey and you can check your apple cider vinegar for the pulp like material that stays at the bottom of its bottle, if you see that then you are sure of an unprocessed ACV.
How to prepare the combo:
For a refreshing ACV and honey combo drink you can follow the instruction below;
- Get unprocessed honey -- 1 teaspoon
- ACV -- 1 tablespoon
- Clean Water -- 1 cup (about 8 ounces)
- Mix the water, honey and ACV well
- You can drink this combo about 20 to 30 minutes in the morning on an empty stomach and before breakfast
- It is also important to note that drinking too much ACV can harm your health. Your bone density could be lowered and the amount of potassium in your body can be decreased tremendously.
While the benefits of the ACV and honey combo cannot be overemphasized it is always important for you to seek your doctor’s advice before using it especially if you are diabetic or have a heart condition and you are on some form of medication.