When combined coconut oil and baking soda is an effective facial skin care homemade recipe.
They are excellent in getting rid of acne, pimples and blackheads as they penetrate deep into your pores killing the bacteria that cause acne and flushing out dirt, oil and grease clogged in your pores.
This mixture of coconut oil and baking soda will also help reduce scarring and redness on your skin and it is a great exfoliant. It will remove dead skin cells leaving your skin looking smooth, radiant and healthy.
Individually these two components have been of great effect in domestic care.
Baking soda or sodium bicarbonate has been used as a homemade cleaning, deodorizing and polishing agent specifically for domestic use.
This is a great departure from the use of toxic commercial household cleaning agents and it is known to be very effective as well.
Baking soda is also used as an important component in teeth whitening. It is an amphoteric compound which means it will regulate your skin’s pH balance and this will reduce your risk of having breakouts.
Coconut oil is rich in antibacterial, healing and moisturizing properties. These properties help to nourish, condition and soothe your skin; getting rid of blemishes.
Using Coconut Oil and Baking Soda as a Deep Cleanser
- Organic coconut oil -- 2 teaspoons
- Aluminium-free baking soda -- 1 teaspoon
- Get a small bowl.
- Make a single measure at a time.
- Mix all the ingredients in the small bowl.
- Form a paste with the mixture.
- Apply the paste to your facial skin in gentle circular motions.
- Allow the paste to settle on your face for about 5 minutes no more.
- Rinse off the paste using warm water.
- Ensure that you pat your face dry with a clean towel.
- You don’t need an added moisturizer as the coconut oil will help moisturise your skin.