For those embarrassing underarm odors there are 8 effective homemade remedies that you can try.
Underarm odor is caused by certain bacteria in your underarms, sweating excessively aggravates the problem.
There are several commercial products you could buy to help take care of your underarm odors, but these products tend to have some unfavourable side effects such as, itching, redness, skin irritation, bumps and rashes.
Here are 8 underarm homemade remedies you can try today for your underarm odors.
1. Use Baking Soda
Baking soda is also used to get rid of offensive smells in laundry and refrigerators.
It is natural and also gentle and it will get rid of your underarm odors.
- Mix baking soda with some cornstarch.
- Use this mixture just before wearing your dress or shirt.
- This remedy will give your underarms skin fresh and dry for an entire day.
2. Try The Apple Cider Vinegar Remedy:
The bacteria that causes underarm odor will be destroyed by apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare a homemade spray by mixing the following and putting in a spray bottle.
- Mix water, lemon juice and apple cider vinegar and put it in a spray bottle.
- You should spray your underarms early in the morning before getting dressed.
- Keep the spray bottle in your hand bag and use it whenever and where ever you need to.
3. Try To Stop Shaving:
Underarm hair help to absorb the moisture that allows the growth of foul odor bacteria. Shaving it thoroughly can increase your risk of underarm odors.
Even though societal demands may necessitate your need to shave your underarm hairs try not to shave it completely off.
Furthermore, your underarm skin gets irritated by the shaving creams, razors and lotion used and this can further promote the growth of odor causing bacteria.
4. Effective Tea Tree Oil:
Tea tree oil has excellent antibacterial and antifungal properties.
It will gently resolve your underarm odor issues as well as other skin problems.
- Just mix some drops of tea tree oil with natural rosewater.
- Put this mixture in a spray bottle and you can spray the solution to your underarms in the mornings before you get dressed to take care of your underarm odor concerns.
5. Zesty Lemon:
By putting a slice of lemon under your arm for a period of 15 minutes daily you will resolve those embarrassing underarm odors.
The lemon will balance out your underarm skin pH level and will effectively help to assuage any offensive odor-bacteria build up.
6. Use Hydrogen Peroxide:
By mixing natural rosewater, clean water and hydrogen peroxide you will create an effective homemade solution to rid yourself of underarm odors quickly.
7. Alcohol Helps To Eliminate Underarm Odor:
Alcohol is very useful in eliminating underarm odor, just apply some alcohol under your arm using a cotton ball prior to getting dressed and you will effectively destroy the odor causing bacteria.
However, make sure you use odorless alcohol like Vodka to avoid you wreaking of alcohol smell.
8. You Can Use Natural Soap:
Make natural soap yourself like castile soap or you could procure handmade natural soap made from goat’s milk.
It will help to eliminate underarm odors as well as any other odor from any other part of your body.
Source/Reference: NaturalNews.com | www.healthyfoodhouse.com
References included in Natural News’s article:
Featured image source: Wiki How