Pitaya, also known as dragon fruit is a beautiful fruit with an intense color and shape of a beautiful flower.
Given that blossoms at night, it is called the Queen of the Night or Moon Flower. It usually has a dark red color, but can also be found in pink and yellow varieties. This fruit is tasty and juicy with red-pink or white small black seeds. Pitaya has a similar texture and taste of melon and kiwi with a little more neutral flavor. There are interesting studies on this exotic fruit showing that pitaya is particularly interesting when it comes to its health benefits.
- Pitaya is a good source of anti-oxidants that protect the body from free radicals, which may be the main reason for the formation of cancer and other diseases
- It helps neutralize the toxic substances and reduces the level of bad cholesterol and high blood pressure.
- If consumed frequently, it can help in the fight against asthma and cough.
- Because it is rich in vitamin C, pitaya can help improve the immune system.
- This fruit is rich in calcium and fosforus, which helps in strengthening the bones, teeth and muscles.
- Regular consumption of this exotic fruit can significantly help in the fight against excess weight.
- Pitaya is especially useful for reducing the level of blood sugar in diabetics.
- Dragon fruit is a natural multivitamin, vitamin B 2 and helps regulate appetite.
- Regular consumption of this fruit can significantly reduce the risk of heart disease.
- The small seeds of this fruit are soft and can be eaten. They contain Omega 3 fatty acids that help fight inflammation and improve the immune system of the organism.
- Pitaya improves the appearance of skin, because it contains many vitamins, minerals, dietary fiber, antioxidants and mono-unsaturated fats and vitamin B 3
Today the Lady of the night is cultivated in countries like Thailand, Vietnam, Philippines, Sri Lanka and Malaysia. It can easily be found in Okinawa, Hawaii, Palestine, Northern Australia, South China and many markets across Europe and the world. It can be consumed whole or in addition to a variety of exotic shakes. Here is a recipe that will boost up your metabolism and give you lots of energy. Pitaya fruits, 2 bananas, 1 cup coconut water a little ginger. All of the ingredients are mixed in a blender for about 30 seconds and consumed fresh.