The main indicator for streptococcal infection is indeed the painful and inflammatory throat. Very often, strep attacks the tonsils especially younger children and teenagers.
This infection can be avoided and treated thanks to some of the very effective methods.
In addition, we present you natural remedies that can help to soothe the pain, reduce the infection and prevent the spread of germs.
- Cayenne pepper – This red hot pepper powder perfectly provides itself through the epithelium. Best way for use is when it’s applied in the form of coating on the neck in the area of the swollen lymph nodes. Read how to prepare it:
- Honey – loaded with medicinal properties. When it comes to throat infections, it is necessary to drink tea with lemon and honey. This drink will improve your condition.
- Apple acid – the acid in apple helps in many health problems and yes, it fights against the streptococcus also. Put a little apple acid in a cup of warm water and gargle. Do not swallow the liquid. According to age the solution is different therefore use 1-3 tablespoons apple vinegar.
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper powder, ½ cup coconut oil or olive oil. Mix all the ingredients, apply the mixture on a gauze or cotton cloth and put it directly on the skin.
- When it comes to increasing immunity and defense against infection, vitamin C is very important for consume. Under that condition, it is best to take 1000mg vitamin C three times during the day. If you want to increase the dose you can take 5x1000mg through the day and the next five days just cut one less. Remember that while you consume this kind of large amounts of vitamin C you must drink large amounts of water.
- Essential oils – Essential oils of thyme, lemon, lavender, lemongrass, grapefruit and sage in case of strep throat can be extremely effective. Boil water in a pot, add a few drops of these essential oils and lean on your head towards the steam and cover yourself with towel. Inhale the steam for a few minutes several times daily.