Mosquitoes are a big problem as they carry fatal diseases like malaria and zika virus.
This period of the year is a particularly alarming one as mosquitoes come out of their hibernation and become highly active in feeding and breeding.
Mosquitoes can be any and everywhere, they can be in the bathroom, kitchen, living room and practically everywhere in your home.
Eliminating these insects can be extremely difficult and there are a few ways of keeping them at bay and killing them which include:
- Using insecticides
- Using mosquito coils
- Using mosquito treated nets
- Closing windows and doors
- Using repellent lotions
While these methods can help in some instances, they still provide a source of concern to the health of users particularly the use of mosquito coils and insecticides.
You can now repel mosquitoes effectively without exposing yourself to these harsh and toxic chemicals with an all-natural and homemade mosquito repellent known as “Bug Off Mosquito Repellent Spray”.
Ensure that you mix equal amounts of these essential oils in a spray bottle.
- Citronella essential oil
- Lemongrass essential oil
- Eucalyptus essential oil
Preparation And Administration
- Mix these three essential oil in a spray bottle.
- Spray the mixture on your exposed body parts to repel mosquitoes naturally as they do not like the smell of these essential oils.
You can also repel mosquitoes naturally by;
- Mixing 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil such as olive oil with about 30 drops of lavender essential oil and applying this mixture on your skin.
- Eating garlic in large quantities will lead to garlic oil being released through your skin pores and this acts as a natural mosquito repellent.