Asthma is a disease or health problem which occurs when there is thickening of your bronchial tubes and you suffer from critical respiratory inflammation. It could cause weakness and shortness of breath. People often find that they have asthma when they experience cough and suffocation.
How does an asthma attack occur? Those who have asthma are typically allergic and sensitive. Whenever there is irritation in the lungs, your muscles will become tighter and there is increased production of phlegm in your throat. You will have shortness of breath, problem with breathing, and there’s uncontrollable coughing.
Asthma patients will typically use inhalers for relieving their problem. It is easy to use and easy to carry, and is highly practical whenever you suffer from an attack.
But it is not healthy to regularly use inhalers. The reason is that asthma inhalers have chemicals, including steroids.
Many patients have been successful in curing their asthma by reducing the usage of inhalers. You could also improve your condition by bringing some changes to your diet. You can take healthy food that helps in eliminating inflammation. But such a change may affect your energy levels.
Healthier diets could work as great alternative to asthma inhalers. But you must know what foods can be taken and which must be avoided.
Consider foods which have high levels of vitamins C and beta-carotene. For example, you could prepare carrot juice daily and drink it. It contains high amounts of vitamin C.
Celery is also a great healthy food. Just add some celery stalks in your diet. Its green leaves are rich in chlorophyll that help in detoxifying your intestinal organs and liver.
If you want to regulate your consumption of healthier foods, here is the recommended dosage of the foods you should be taking to fight asthma.
- 1 bunch spinach + 6 celery stalks + 2 green apples + 1/4 lemon juice + 1 bunch parsley
- 1 fennel + 3 radish pieces + 1/4 pineapple + half lemon + 8 stalks of kale
- Squeezed lemon juice + 1 small glass of wheatgrass juice
- Half lemon juice + quarter cucumber pineapple + half capsicum bunch of watercress
- 1 cup of cranberries juice pomegranate + 2 cups strawberry juice
- Half lemon + 1 cucumber + 3 bulbs of half ripe rod lemongrass
Follow this recommended serving.
If you want to eliminate the chances of recurrence of asthma, it is important to avoid the following foods:
- Animal foods like meat, eggs and milk.
- Sodium and monosodium glutamate – They could narrow the bronchial tubes, resulting in asthma attack.
- Citrus fruits
- Soft drinks
- Vegetable oils like flower matahar and corn, as they could cause inflammation in your respiratory tract.