Anxiety nowadays is as common as the common cold. There is so much pressure on people in all spheres of life.
The expectations at home and work has leas to great uncertainty and anxiety with people not knowing where the next pay check or meal is going to come from.
It is estimated that in the United States about 6.8 million American adults are suffering from one form of anxiety disorder or another.
Studies have also shown that women are more susceptible to anxiety disorder than men.
This disorder is believed to be as a result of a decline in the dopamine or serotonin hormones in the body and this neurochemical imbalance leads to great depression.
Common Anxiety And Depression Symptoms In Women Include
- Involuntary twitching or trembling
- Mood swings
- Persistent sweating
- Persistent headaches
- Body aches
- Too much worrying
- Difficulty swallowing
- Frequent urges to go to the bathroom
- Short of breath
- Difficulty relaxing
Conventional medical treatment for anxiety and depression include the use of benzodiazepines drugs such as;
These medications are riddled with so many side effects and most patients tend to get addicted to them and cannot function daily without them.
For very severe or chronic anxiety doctors will recommend the use of antidepressants like;
Treating Anxiety And Depression Naturally
The effects of the use of lavender oil as an effective naturally treatment for depression and anxiety have been well documented. As a matter of fact lavender oil is believed to be as potent as the drug known as lorazepam (Ativan), this was stated in a publication in the Journal Phytomedicine.
Lavender oil unlike conventional anxiety treatment will not make the user ‘hooked’ or addicted to using it and it does not have any sedative properties as well.
Benefits Of Using Lavender Oil
- It helps in the treatment of dementia-related uneasiness.
- It is effective in treating the symptoms of anxiety and depression.
- It helps to treat insomnia and restlessness concerns.
- It helps in relieving the pain caused by inflammation of joints and also in providing relief from migraines and headaches.
Using Lavender Oil To Treat Anxiety Is Easy, Here’s How…
- You can take a lavender tea and all you need is just 1 to 2 tablespoons of lavender flowers (dried) put in a mug of boiled water.
- Allow it to sit for 10 minutes, then you need to strain it prior to drinking the tea.
- Add pure natural honey if you like.
- You can also take your bath with a few drops of lavender oil in your bath water.
- You can obtain supplements of lavender oil in capsule form and as an adult you can make it a part of your daily dietary plan.
- However, before treating yourself see a doctor to confirm that the treatment is ideal for you.
A note of warning:
You should not combine lavender capsules with prescription benzodiazepines and antidepressants drugs, as well as codeine ad it can cause you to be drowsy throughout the day of use.