As a consequence of the retention in the circulatory system or in tissues the swelling is obtained. During condition like this, there is possibility of swelling hands, feet and ankles to appear and also, this is common occurrence in women during pregnancy or menstruation.
- sponsored links -
- sponsored links -
Often, swelling occurs to people who are not physically active or people who spend their time in sitting for longer period. The swelling is not life threatening, but it can be symptom of serious medical conditions, such as kidney or hear disease.
However, in cases like this where there is no basic health condition, there are ways to avoid water retention and reduce the swelling.
- Avoid sodium – The most common advice given to people who have a problem with the give up of their legs, is to refrain the use of salt. This is due to the fact that the salt comprises sodium chloride. The sodium binds the water in the body and helps to maintain the fluid balance in the body. However, there are many studies in which is declared that the increased sodium intake leads to increased fluid retention in the body. Besides salt, there are other processed foods that are high in sodium which are meat, several ads, even the canned vegetables which gives the high sodium content.
- Increase your intake of magnesium – Magnesium helps reduce the swelling. A recent study showed that 200mg of magnesium daily can reduce water retention in women who are faced with premenstrual symptoms. Which food is rich in magnesium? Spinach, Peas, Nuts and Wholegrain cereals.
- Increase your intake of vitamin B6 – This vitamin soluble in water, which is found naturally in many different foods. According to one study in woman that swelling within the premenstrual syndrome appears, their condition can be greatly improved if you use larger amounts of vitamin B6. During the study women reported that vitamin B6 helped them in reducing their symptoms more effectively than any of the other accessories that were given. Foods rich in vitamin B6? – Tuna, Pork meat, Potatoes, Bananas
- Eat more foods rich in potassium – Potassium is mineral that is essential for proper functioning of tissues, cells and organs in the human body. Potassium is good for health of heart. This mineral successfully helps in reducing fluids retention in the body, in two ways:
- Normalizing the level of sodium
- Increased production of urine in the body
Which foods are high in potassium? Apricots, Bananas, Beets and Brussels sprouts.
- Avoid refined carbohydrates – If you consume refined carbohydrates, you will increase the amount of blood sugar and insulin levels and high levels of insulin causes the retention of sodium by more sodium reabsorption in the kidney so the swelling in the body increases. Foods who contain refined sugar is the white sugar and the white flour.