Everyone eats rich but did you know that you can get more out of you rice if you cook it with coconut oil?
If you want to lose weight you may want to stick around for more information on how this is possible.
It is a documented fact by the USDA that Americans eat a lot of rice and it is also known that the average American consumes not less than 500 calories more than required. This is why obesity is an American problem at the moment.
Rice like most starchy foods are high is carbs and can increase a person’s propensity to getting diabetes. It is estimated that just a cup of boiled rice has a calories count of 240.
The rice you consume is taken in as starch, then converted to sugar and finally to fat.
In Sri Lanka a group of researchers from the College of Chemical Sciences discovered a way by which one can absorb more than half of the calories and burn fat all at once.
What these researchers did was to add coconut oil in the preparation of rice. In so doing it was discovered that the absorption of calories dropped to an unbelievable 50%.
Here us how it’s done:
- Just cook your rice the way you would normally.
- But before you add your rice to the boiling water add a teaspoon of coconut oil.
- Let the rice cook properly.
- Then allow to simmer for about 40 minutes.
- Refrigerate your rice for a period of 12 hours.
- Now your rice us ready to eat.
- If you have diabetes or you are obese then this meal is right for you.
So how does this it work?
- It is believed that the coconut oil gets inside the starch granules when the rice is cooking. This makes the sugars to be protected against digestive enzymes.
- When the rice is refrigerated the cooling process will create a sort of ‘gel’ amylase.
- During the 12 hour refrigeration the rice will discharge it’s starch, this starch then binds to the molecules that are on the outside of the rice.
- The rice sugar is then changed to resistant starch.
- If you like you can reheat the rice, the heat will not alter its chemical composition already instituted.
So calories will be cut off significantly when the digestible rice in the steamed rich is reduced.
If you want to control your weight then you may want to try this out today.
Sources and References:
lifespa.com — Original Article Source by Dr. John Douillard
(You should visit his website: http://lifespa.com/ where you can find a lot of useful articles )