Having a sparkling clean kitchen and bathroom is the dream of everyone.
Nothing irritates more than seeing your tiles looking dull and feeling greasy to touch.
What’s more the tile grouts may look ditty, greasy and pretty much a breathing ground for bacteria and fungus.
Getting the grouts clean can be a tedious and time consuming task indeed, using a toothbrush usually doesn’t help either.
There are several commercial household cleaning products in the market, but most are expensive and highly toxic causing more harm to your health than good.
You can now try a 100% DIY homemade grout cleaner made from easy to obtain natural products that you may just have in your kitchen cabinet at this point in time.
What You Need
- Baking soda -- 1/2 cup
- Alcohol vinegar -- 1/4 cup
- Lemon juice -- 1/3 cup
- Water -- 5 litres
- Mix the baking soda in a bowl of water.
- Ensure that you mix it well.
- Add your lemon juice, then include the vinegar.
- There will be a chemical reaction, so don’t be alarmed. Wait until this chemical reaction subsides.
- Pour the solution into a spray bottle once the chemical reaction has subsided and your grout cleaning solution is ready for use.
- Using the spray bottle, apply the solution to your tiles directly or in to a sponge.
- Scrub your tiles with the sponge or if you applied the solution to the tiles directly, you can use a brush.
- Your tiles and its grout will come out sparkling clean and your kitchen and bathroom will have a pleasant fragrance and will be germ free.