You might wonder why you have to learn a trick to get your home smelling fresh and nice when you can just go to your local store and purchase a regular air freshener.
Actually the choice is yours, but you should know that the regular air freshener or deodorant spray you purchase from your local store may contain carcinogenic compounds that are highly detrimental to your health.
This trick involves the use of 100% natural ingredients that are beneficial to your wellbeing.
There are two methods to making your own homemade air freshener and the components and ingredients are readily available at your local store and at an affordable price.
What Do You Need?
Before you make your natural homemade deodorant you will require the following components and ingredients.
- An empty candle container
- A mason jar with a tin lid
- A fork, hammer and screwdriver
- Essential oil
- Baking soda
First Method Preparation Instructions
- Get your empty candle holder cleaned with hot water and soap.
- Make sure all the labels are removed.
- Next, you pour your baking soda into the Mason jar till it’s about a quarter full.
- Sprinkle 8-10 drops of your essential oil onto the baking soda.
- Use your fork to stir the ingredients.
- This homemade air freshener is preferably placed in your bedroom or bathroom.
Second Method Instructions
- Make five holes on the lid of your mason jar by tightening it and driving your screwdriver into it with your hammer.
- Ensure that the holes are made in a diamond-shape pattern.
- Take off the lid and pour your baking soda into the jar, add 8 to 10 drops of essential oil to your baking soda and stir with a fork.
- You can now put the lid back on and tighten it.
- The fragrance will be slowly released throughout your home leaving it smelling fresh and nice.