Colon cleansing procedures which cause autointoxication were first officially introduced in the U.S in the 1920s and 1930s but it is known now that this procedure was quite common in ancient Greece.
When you have an accumulation of partially digested meat or other food in your gut it could lead to the buildup of mucus in your colon that can generate poisonous toxins that are harmful to your body.
These toxins can lead to you gaining weight, having persistent headaches, being fatigue and having low energy levels.
Choose veggies or fruits that are high in nutrients and fibre if you intend applying a veggie or fruit based cleansing procedure.
The cleansing recipe in this article will get rid of all the toxins in your colon and enrich your body with essential nutrients, fibre and vitamins.
One of the ingredients in this recipe is an apple which is very high in fibre and will help if you have loose stool by bulking it up. It will also help you if you have constipation issues.
Another ingredient is flax seeds which will delay gastric emptying in your gut and help your intestines absorb nutrients quicker and better because of its high fibre content. Flax seeds are potent antioxidants and they are rich in omega-3 which will boost the health of your heart and prevent you from having cardiovascular diseases. This ingredient will keep your colon free from toxins and prevent you from developing colon cancer.
Your digestive tract will be kept healthy with chia which is also an ingredient in this recipe, the chia seeds are have a lot of nutrients and vitamins needed by your body and this is especially necessary to replenish your body’s nutrients during your detox procedure.
You will also feel full when these seeds are consumed and this is important if you want to lose weight. Chia seeds will provide your heart with strength as it is rich in omega-3 fatty acids.
The homemade colon cleansing recipe
- Apple -- 1
- Ground flaxseeds -1 tablespoon
- Chia seeds -- 1 tablespoon
- Raw natural honey -- 1 teaspoon (for flavor)
- Clean drinking water -- 1 cup
Procedure for preparation:
- Incorporate the apple, water, grounded flax seed and honey in a blender and blend the ingredients.
- Ensure that you get a homogeneous blend, and then pour it out into a glass cup.
- Sprinkle your chia seeds and stir the mixture well for about 5 minutes.
- You will notice that the chia seeds would become expansive.
- You should drink this recipe twice daily and for between 15-20 days.
Sources and References:
Other included sources linked in The Hearty Soul’s article: