Did you know that your skin constitutes the largest organ in your body system?
Well it is and that is why you need to ensure that it is well taken care of so that it looks radiant, smooth and healthy always.
Your skin has many functions and some of these include:
- It can produce vitamin D directly from sunlight.
- It regulates your body temperature.
- It will help to shield your internal organs from harmful germs, bacteria and viruses.
- It will keep your body hydrated by storing up fluids.
- It is sensitive, so you can feel warmth, cold and even pain.
You skin can be easily irritated by external factors such as the weather, lotion, soaps or harmful chemicals which can lead to a burning sensation, redness of your skin, itching and rashes as well as inflammation of your skin.
When your skin pores which is where your hair grows out of and where sweat is excreted from is clogged you are most likely to experience breakouts, skin tags and moles.
There are a lot of conventional medications that you can use to treat yourself, but most cause other side effects that is not palatable.
You can make use of simple natural remedies that will help you to treat these skin conditions.
What Are Moles?
These are a sort of lesion that have melanocytes which are nevus cells. Moles could be caused by excessive sun exposure or a genetic condition.
Natural Remedies For Moles
- You should apply crushed garlic to your moles and cover it using bandage, leave it preferably overnight and repeat this procedure daily for best results.
Baking Soda And Castor Oil
- A mixture of castor oil and sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) is effective in treating moles.
- Just apply the mixture and then use a bandage to cover it. Leave it overnight and repeat the procedure several times for best results.
Apple cider vinegar
- Just apply ACV to the moles using a cotton ball and cover up with a bandage and leave it overnight. Repeat the procedure several times until the mole dries up.
What Are Warts?
These are bumps which appear on your skin and usually HPS can cause it. Warts can be treated using salicylic acid and freezing.
However, here are natural treatments for warts
- Every night just rub your warts with a banana peel, do this for 14 days and you should see great improvements.
- Just like banana peels also apply pure honey on your warts and cover with a bandage preferably overnight.
Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV)
- Use a cotton ball soaked in ACV to treat your warts, do this before bedtime and repeat the procedure until the warts decrease in size and eventually drop off.
What Are Skin Tags?
Skin tags are usually located on the neck, upper chest, eyelids and underarm area of the body, they are a sort of growth that can be caused by a part of your skin rubbing against another part of your skin.
Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV)
- Just use a cotton ball and soak it in ACV and apply on your skin tags, repeat this procedure until it drops off.
Tea Tree Oil
- Mix a couple of drops of tea tree oil in water and soak a cotton ball in the solution.
- Apply it to the skin tags twice daily and for a period of 30 days.
Castor Oil And Baking Soda
- Mix castor oil and baking soda and apply the paste you get on the skin tags and cover up using a bandage.
- Try this twice daily for best results.
What Are Dark Spots?
Dark spots occur when you have a discolouration around your face, hands and forearms caused by excessive exposure to sunlight and an ageing liver.
- Get some lemon juice and soak a cotton ball in the juice.
- Apply the soaked cotton ball on the dark spots.
- Use aloe vera gel and apply it to your dark spots. Always use freshly squeezed gel from aloe vera plant leaves.
- You need to use a blender to blend your onions and then apply it on your dark spots and leave it for about 15 minutes. Try this procedure daily till you see significant changes.
Getting Your Pores Clear And Unclogged
Excess oil on your skin has a habit of clogging the pores of your skin and causing white heads, black heads, breakouts and acne.
You can unclog you pores by steaming your face. You can just place your head over a bucket of boiled water. Use a towel to cover your head in order to trap the steam. Once you have steamed your face your pores will be opened and cleaned out, you should rinse it with warm water and apply some ACV using a soaked cotton ball.
You can also use a sugar scrub to exfoliate dead skin cells and also to unclog your pores.