Castor oil is an essential oil that is rich in vitamin E, minerals, proteins, antibacterial and anti-fungicidal properties. It comprises of triglyceride fatty acids with 90% comprising of ricinoleic acid.
Ricinoleic acid takes care of microbes and it is extremely useful in providing precaution against attacks to the body by bacteria, yeast, molds and viruses. Castor oil is therefore very important to your wellbeing.
The castor oil
Casstor oil is derived from an Indian plant known to be one of most toxic in the world; this plant is called ricinus communis. While this plant is toxic the essential oil derived from it is not, this is because the toxic part of the plant is transferred to the pulp of its seed when the oil is extracted. This essential oil is used as a topical application, but in the past castor oil was primarily taken as an oral laxative. The castor plant stem has been known to be used in the textile industry in Russia. Castor oil which can be used for a range of purpose is inexpensive and is readily available at your local grocery store.
Benefits of castor oil
This essential oil (here) as a variety of uses and benefits as shown below;
- Castor oil improves the digestive system, it helps reduce inflammation in the intestinal tract and bowels and helps prevent and fight dysentery.
- Castor oil helps to regrow your hair. This essential oil has omega 9 fatty acids in large quantities and this compound aids the rejuvenation of your hair follicles and hair. It does this by sipping deep into the hair shaft and follicles and nourishes it. You can apply a little quantity of castor oil to your hair to achieve great results because of its high levels of omega 9 fatty acids.
- The ricinoleic acid in castor oil stops the growth of microbes – bacteria, yeast and virus. It can greatly help with yeast Infections such as candida. Constipation. Due to its anti-inflammatory properties, castor oil promotes regular bowel movement.
- This essential oil has ricinoleic acid which is an excellent anti-inflammatory compound. Castor oil can help to reduce the inflammation of tissues and joints.
- Dr. David Williams suggest that castor oil helps to promote lymphatic flow. He stated that: “No drug exists that has the ability to improve lymphatic flow; however, the job can easily be handled through the topical application of Castor oil.”
A list of other benefits to the body includes;
- Castor oil is effective against dandruff and can greatly nourish your hair
- Deals effectively with migraines
- It can help with menstrual cramps by relaxing the muscles that cause it
- Takes care of gastrointestinal issues
- It takes care of acne and other known skin problems because of the ricinoleic acid
- Effective in dealing with the fungus that causes athlete’s foot
- Its ricinoleic acid combats ringworm
Castor oil is truly an effective essential oil and recommended for your daily use.