Drinking water is one of the healthiest things for you, but sometimes water’s dull taste makes you reach for something less healthy. Just add some lemon.
And here are some advantages and health benefits you can gain from this simply adding lemon to a glass of water:
– Lemon, like all citrus, is full of vitamin C. It is an antioxidant that improves the condition of damaged cells, slows down aging diseases, including cardiovascular diseases and cancer.
– Lemons contain anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties which can strengthen your immunity and help you overcome colds and the flu. Lemon also helps soothe your irritated throat.
– It also helps in the fight against skin aging. In combination with hydration, which you get from drinking water, lemon can help you feel forever young.
– Lemon helps with stomach problems and improves digestion, especially in combination with hot water or little bit of mint, which is well known for its ability to soothe an irritated stomach.
– Lemon contributes to the process of cleansing your body.
– Lemon can refresh your breath. The claim that lemon can damage tooth’s enamel is just a myth.
Remember, all these benefits can be achieved by adding slices of lemon (or freshly squeezed lemon) into water, not by buying lemon-infused bottled water at the supermarket. These products have added sugar and preservatives, which only do harm to your body and well-being.