There are lots of household commercial products that comprise of cancer-causing chemicals that are hazardous to your health and you should make a concerted effort to get rid of them from your home today.
Here are the products:
1. Artificial Sweeteners
Substituting artificial sweeteners for sugar can be dangerous to your health. Here is a list of harmful artificial sweeteners;
- Sorbitol, it is also only partially digested and it can cause to gas, diarrhea and bloating.
- Acesulfame K, is believed to cause tumors and is a known carcinogen.
- Saccharin, it is indigestible and the liver excreted it unchanged, it is also known to cause bladder cancer.
- Aspartame, it is fatal to people with phenylketonuria and it causes skin cancer.
You can also replace these sweeteners with these other options:
- Yacon syrup, it helps combat constipation and can feed good bacteria in the intestinal tract.
- Stevia, it will reduce your blood sugar and blood pressure.
- Xylitol, this can reduce your risk of tooth decay and it will improve bone density.
- Erythritol, it does not affect your cholesterol, insulin and blood sugar.
2. Non-stick Cookware
Most Americans use this popular cookware, however studies have shown that your non-sticky cookware releases toxins into the food you use it to prepare when it is heated.
Its coating breaks down and in the process harmful carcinogenic toxins as well as fluoride-based gases are released into the food. You can make use of ceramic and glass pots and pans which are safe.
3. Commercial Cleaning Products
Your regular household products are known to cause respiratory problems like shortness of breath and asthma. There are even products which comprise of hormone disruptors such as phtalates, parabens, BPA and triclosan.
You can use a mixture of baking soda and vinegar as an effective antimicrobial cleaning alternative.
4. PET Bottles And Containers
Bisphenol A is a chemical that is released from PET bottles and containers. This chemical is used to harden plastic containers and bottles and when you drink or eat from these plastics this toxic chemical is also ingested. This chemical is known to cause enlargement of the prostate glands in fetuses, brain and behavioural disorders in infants.
Stop using PET bottles, instead use glass or metal containers.
5. Air Fresheners
It is believed that air freshener cans are even more harmful than cigarettes. The fumes of these air fresheners can cause respiratory problems like asthma.
Studies have shown that regular air fresheners have high amounts of formaldehyde which is a carcinogenic compound and it us known to also cause throat and nose cancer.
You can use essential oil as an alternative to these commercial air fresheners.
You can put about 10 to 15 drops of essential oil in a spray bottle with a cup of distilled water added and use as an effective air freshener alternative.
Another sources linked in The Hearty Soul’s article: