Raw apple cider vinegar has been used since 400B.C to treat various health conditions. Infact, Hippocrates used it a lot in his medicine practice. Find below 25 things for which you can use it. Very soon you’ll be out to grab your bottle of apple cider vinegar. Use an organic one and not any fruit flavored one because they are full of toxins.
- Non-Toxic Cleaner:It is a very good cleaner. Mix equal amounts of water and ACV and add a little elbow grease. Wipe the surface. It will kill all the bacteria and microbes. It is non toxic as well.
- Weed Killer: make a mixture of a/2 gallon ACV, ¼ cup salt and ½ cup dish wash soap. This mixture kills any plant. So spray it on the ones you don’t want.
- Odor Neutralizer: just put some ACV in a bowl and leave it from where you want to remove the odor.
- Diabetes Prevention: use 2 tablespoons of ACV at night and see your blood sugar lowering. It has anti-glycemic effects and improves insulin sensitivity.
- Weight Loss: you end up eating less because ACV makes you feel full. Fat accumulation slows down due to acetic acid. Add it to everything you eat or comsume directly.
- Lower Cholesterol: cholesterol, VLDL and triglycerides are lowered. This was proved in an experiment with rats.
- Detox: it detoxifies your body. The potassium in it breaks down mucus. Lymph nodes are cleared. Helps with circulation and detoxifies liver too.
- Clear Sinuses: its anti bacterial and mucus breaking properties helps in clearing sinuses as well. Prevents cold and infection too.
- Sore Throat: gargle with equal amount of ACV and water to clear your throat.
- Digestive Aid: consume ACV if you have eaten something that doesn’t suit your body. Pectin in ACV helps with digestion. It will settle down your stomach.
- Itchy or Sunburned Skin: apply it on the affected area to treat practically any skin problem. Pain, bites, poison ivy, sunburn, etc.
- Wart Remover: use it on the affected area with a cotton ball. Leave overnight. Repeat till the wart goes off.
- Energy Boost: ACV boosts energy. Add a few drops to water and drink it. The enzymes, potassium and amino acids in it prevent lactic acid build up.
- Shiny, Flake Free Hair: mix ACV with water and use it to rinse your hair after shampoo. It balances pH, makes your hair shiny and soft. It removes dandruff as well.
- Facial Toner/Cleanser: just like for your hair, use it for your skin too. Mix with water and apply. It will cleanse your face and balance its pH.
- Deodorant: apply it directly under your arms for that deodorant affect.
- Fade Bruises: apply it on any bruise and see it go away. ACV has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Whiten Teeth: dip your brush in ACV diluted in twice the water. See your teeth glow.
- Eliminate Bad Breath: gargle with ACV to remove bad odor from your mouth.
- Stop Smelly Feet: wipe your feet with ACV. It removes bacteria. So it can be used to remove bad odor from anywhere.
- Juice: add it to juices and smoothies to get health benefits.
- Baking: all your baked goodies will fluff up by adding ACV. It tastes good too.
- Sauces: try it in your favorite sauce to get that tangy flavor.
- Soups: add it to soups. It will improve flavor and brighten it.
- Salads: and lastly, add it to your favorite salad by mixing it with olive oil. It’s a perfect salad dressing.