Your thyroid gland is an endocrine gland that can be found on the lower front part of your neck.
This gland generates thyroid hormones that is responsible for allowing the body to keep warm, use energy and main the proper functioning of your brain, heart muscles and other organs.
If the thyroid is overworking or underperforming then it could mean that the thyroid hormone is either too little or too much.
Thyroid issues can lead to you having several medical issues including;
- Weight loss
- Weight gain
The Thyroid Conditions
In this case the thyroid gland does not generate sufficient thyroid hormones to ensure that the body functions properly, so the body slows down even its metabolism.
Here the thyroid gland generates too much thyroid hormones that speeds the body’s functions and thus includes its heart rate as well as its metabolism.
This is an inflammation of the thyroid gland that happens in the case of Boyd’s immune system, where antibodies tend to attack the thyroid gland.
This is an enlargement of the thyroid gland which is abnormal and leads to swelling and other problems in the throat.
This is an abnormal development of thyroid cells which will form a large lump in the thyroid gland.
In this case cancerous cells develop from thyroid gland tissues and it is estimated that this condition affects 45,000 per year.
Symptoms of thyroid disorder usually develop slowly and in most cases women are more susceptible to these disorders than men.
These signs can affect problems in women that can lead to pregnancy issues.
These symptoms include the following;
- Dry skin
- Irregular sleep patterns
- Loss of libido
- Limb and muscle pain
- Changes in appetite
- Improper regulation of the body temperature
- A hoarse voice or a very strange feeling in the neck
- Thinning of hair
- High cholesterol levels
This is the root cause of thyroid issues. Where there is not sufficient iodine in the body then it will not generate sufficient amounts of thyroid hormones.
Hypothyroidism us linked with low levels of selenium, while high selenium levels can lead to reduced risk of any thyroid swelling or goiter in the body.
Selenium has potent antioxidant properties which provides a balance to the hormones of the body.
Eating black walnuts is great for increasing your selenium levels.
To get a balanced selenium level naturally try this at home;
- Black Walnuts -- 40
- Pure honey -- 35 oz or 1 kg
Also get small jars.
- First wash the walnuts, then pat them dry.
- Make small cuts on the surface of the walnut with a knife.
- Then place the walnuts in a jar, add the pure honey as well.
- Leave the jar open in a place that receives sufficient sunlight.
- Make sure that the jar is left in a room that receives sunlight for 40 days.
- The strained liquid should be preserved in a glass bottle for later consumption.
- Take a teaspoon early in the morning and prior to breakfast.